Objectives and Activities
Objectives of Bètastuf
- Provide information: to inform all student representatives about current topics, issues and activities concerning education and research in FSE.
- Organize students: to organize activities through which students meet, share ideas and work together towards common goals.
- Facilitate: to provide a platform for students from the FSE to meet and provide a platform to facilitate collaboration among these students.
- Advise the FSE: to forward policy proposals and advice from the Bètastuf community to the faculty board, in example, final reports of Project Groups.
- Unite: to unite all student representatives under the Bètastuf umbrella and overcome differences in order to work towards common goals.
- Representation: to represent, through its members, all FSE students and to ensure that FSE students are adequately represented at university level, through close contact with the FSE representatives of the University Council student factions.
- Christmas Initiative
- Talk by Jasper Knoester - Dean FSE 2010-2022: During our second event Jasper Knoester gave a talk about his past twelve years at our faculty.
- Introduction: our first event was to introduce ourselves and the other student representatives to one another.
- Collaboration and communication: our third event, and second meeting, was a brainstorming session on how student representatives can collaborate, communicate and work together more and/or better.
At each Bètastuf meeting, a keynote speaker will be invited, relevant to the theme of the meeting. During the academic year 2018/2019, the board strives to treat the following topics.
- Mental Health: the attention for the mental health of students on our university is increasing. This topic is highly applicable to a lot of students since they are exposed to a growing amount of responsibility as their curriculum proceeds. Therefore, we would like to invite a speaker that lectures about feeling of stress amongst students and how to prevent these.
- Diversity: last year, the male-to-female ratio of the university has been discussed. As diversity keeps increasing its importance in our society and university, we would like to shift the focus to our attitude towards the LGBTQ+ community and/or students with a disability.
- Quality Agreements: in the former academic year, a brainstorm is held about the quality agreements: the agreements with respect to the funds that are released by repealing the scholarships. The aim of these funds is to gain a maximum increase in the quality of education. To talk about the current situation and development, the board would like to invite a member of the working group at the faculty that explores the investments of these funds.
- Sustainability: one way of creating a sustainable university is to improve the faculty's buildings, as has been done by creating the climate neutral Energy Academy. We would like to invite a speaker that is able to address the facilities, difficulties and properties of such a building to create awareness and enthusiasm for sustainability.